Respirable Crystalline Silica Awareness Training
Non Accredited- Respirable Crystalline Silica Awareness Training
After being deemed competent successful participants will receive a certificate of completion for Respirable Crystalline Silica Awareness (RCS) Training.
There is no nationally recognised training for Silica Awareness so training has been designed around industry guidance within Queensland.
- $600 +GST per group of up to 15 workers for RCS Training
- $45-$120 per person per fit test (depending on total numbers)
- If RPE (Respirator Protective Equipment) is required please provide us with the required brand and model and we shall provide a competitive price for the supply of RPE
- For larger groups please contact us for a quote
- Guidance Documentation
- All necessary equipment for you to undertake training
- Friendly and engaging trainer with a high level of skill and knowledge in Silica and RPE
- Small classes capped at 15 learners
- Fast turnaround for your certificate of completion and fit test reports
Allow 2-3 hours, plus 15 minutes for every 2 fit tests
This non-accredited training has been contextualised to suit the needs of the construction Industry, who are required to manage Silica exposure.
Under the WHS Act Section 19 businesses are required to:
- provide and maintain a safe and healthy work environment
- provide and maintain safe plant and structures for workers that are working with Silica products
- ensuring safe systems of work for managing RCS
- ensuring the safe use of silica products
- providing information and training around Silica
- ensuring conditions within the workplace are monitored to prevent Silica related diseases
This training has been built in line with Step 8 of Silica – Technical guide to managing exposure in the workplace, along with Managing respirable crystalline silica dust
exposure in the stone benchtop industry Code of Practice 2019 and is designed to give workers a basic understanding of Silica and its risks.
This training has also been combined to include quantitative face fit testing.
Training is delivered face to face over 2-3 hours and then fit testing is conducted post training for an efficient training and fit testing experience.
- Respirable Crystalline Silica (RCS) Definition
- Where Information about Silica can be found
- Health effects of RCS
- Codes of Practice and other Guidance Material for compliance
- Control Measures (why they exist and how they work at reducing your exposure)
- Respiratory Protection
- Monitoring- Air and Health
- Exposure Standards
- How to select, use and maintain RPE
- Respiratory Fit Testing and Fit Checking
Course Participant Requirements
- If fit testing is to be conducted workers must be 100% clean shaven
- If fit testing is to be conducted workers must not chew gum, eat or smoke half an hour prior to testing
- Appropriate clothing and enclosed footwear
- Participants must be able to speak English