Respirable Silica Awareness Training
Non Accredited- Respirable Silica Awareness Training
After being deemed competent successful participants will receive a certificate of completion for Respirable Crystalline Silica Awareness (RCS).
There is no nationally recognised training for Silica Awareness so training has been designed around industry guidance within Queensland.
- $600 +GST per group of 10 workers for RCS Training
- $45-$120 per person per fit testing (depending on numbers)
- If RPE (Respirator Protective Equipment) is required please provide us with the required brand and model and we shall provide a competitive price for the supply of RPE
- For larger groups please contact us for a quote
- Guidance Documentation
- All necessary equipment for you to undertake training
- Friendly and engaging trainer with a high level of skill and knowledge in Silica and RPE
- Small classes capped at 10 learners
- Fast turnaround for your certificate of completion and fit test report
Allow 2-3 hours, plus 15 minutes for every 2 fit tests
This non-accredited training has been contextualised to suit the needs of the construction Industry, who are required to manage Silica exposure.
Under the WHS Act Section 19 businesses are required to:
- provide and maintain a safe and healthy work environment
- provide and maintain safe plant and structures for workers that are working with Silica products
- ensuring safe systems of work for managing RCS
- ensuring the safe use of silica products
- providing information and training around Silica
- ensuring conditions within the workplace are monitored to prevent Silica related diseases
This training has been built in line with Step 8 of Silica – Technical guide to managing exposure in the workplace, and is designed to give workers a basic understanding of Silica and its risks.
This training has also been combined to include fit testing.
- Respirable Crystalline Silica (RCS) Definition
- Where Information about Silica can be found
- Health effects of RCS
- Codes of Practice and other Guidance Materials
- Control Measures
- Respiratory Protection
- Monitoring- Air and Health
- Exposure Standards
- Respiratory Fit Testing and Fit Checking
Course Participant Requirements
- If fit testing is to be conducted workers must be 100% clean shaven
- If fit testing is to be conducted workers must not chew gum, eat or smoke half an hour prior to testing
- Appropriate clothing and enclosed footwear
- Participants must be able to speak English